Wrigley Field hosts the JDRF today
In tribute to Ron Santo’s legacy, the Chicago Cubs and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation are teaming up to put on an event in the late third baseman’s honor tonight at 6 p.m. Walk-up ticket purchases will be accepted today.
From WGN Radio’s event page:
– Tour the ballpark with Chicago Cubs Ambassadors
– Take swings in the batting cage
– Step onto historic Wrigley Field playing surface (infield and outfield)
– Explore the Cubs dugout and Clubhouse
– Visit the press box and Ron Santo’s broadcast booth
– Meet Ron Santo’s family and former teammates
– Enjoy beverages and dinner (salads, pasta, carving stations, and grill food)
– Participate in a live auction, Fund a Cure presentation, and award ceremony
WHERE: Wrigley Field
WHEN: Thursday, May 19th at 6:00 PM
Friendly Confines Tickets: $250
Please join the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) Illinois Chapter to honor the Chicago Cubs and the Ricketts family for their commitment to helping millions of children and adults living with type 1 diabetes at the 2011 Best of Illinois. The Chicago Cubs and JDRF will also pay special tribute to our most valuable player, Ron Santo.
Walk in sales for the $250 Friendly Confines ticket, in addition to the Little Sluggers daytime event, will be accepted on Thursday.