Cubs minor league recap: 4/11/13
Despite picking up a loss, Brooks Raley surrendered just two earned runs over seven innings Thursday. (Photo by Stephen Green)
Iowa, Tennessee and Daytona all lost while Kane County’s Thursday matchup in Wisconsin was postponed due to rain. Here are some highlights from yesterday’s action:
Iowa Cubs (1-7)
Iowa mustered only three singles in a 2-0 defeat at Round Rock, falling to 1-7 on the season.
- LHP Brooks Raley (0-2) went seven innings, surrendering two earned runs and striking out seven.
- CF Brett Jackson (.258 AVG) went 1-for-3 with a walk and a stolen base.
- RF Ryan Sweeney (.400) went 1-for-4, recording a hit for the fourth time in six games.
- RHP Jensen Lewis (15.43 ERA) pitched a scoreless eighth inning, allowing one hit.
Tennessee Smokies (2-5)
Tennessee lost its fourth game in a row, dropping a 6-3 decision to visiting Chattanooga.
- C Jair Fernandez (.333) went 2-4 with a RBI-single. He has hit safely in all three games he’s appeared in this season.
- 3B Christian Villanueva (.231) went 1-for-4 with a double, a run scored and a RBI.
- RHP Brian Schlitter (0.00) struck out one while allowing one hit in a scoreless ninth inning. He hasn’t allowed an earned run in 3.2 innings this season.
Daytona Cubs (3-4)
Daytona pitching surrendered 15 hits, including four home runs, in a 12-2 setback to visiting Clearwater.
- 2B Stephen Bruno (.370) went 2-for-4 with a double, run scored and a stolen base. He extended his hitting streak to five games (.429/9-for-21).
- C Chad Noble (.250) and LF Taiwan Easterling (.333) each went 2-for-4.
- 1B Dustin Geiger (.261) recorded his second-consecutive two-hit game, going 2-for-4 with a double and a RBI.