Cubs minor league recap: 4/30/13
Infielder Brent Lillibridge has hit safely in seven of eight games in Iowa. (Photo by Stephen Green)
Iowa, Daytona and Kane County all earned victories while Tennessee had the day off Monday. Here are some highlights from yesterday’s action:
Iowa Cubs (9-15)
Iowa recorded six extra-base hits in a 7-2 victory over visiting Round Rock.
- RHP Guillermo Moscoso (1-0) started and pitched five innings, surrendering one earned run on three hits and striking out six for the win.
- CF Brian Bogusevic (.420) extended his hitting streak to 11 games, going 3-for-4 with two runs scored, two doubles (7), a triple (1) and one RBI (10). He’s hitting .475 (19-for-40) during the streak.
- 1B Brad Nelson (.244) reached base four times, going 2-for-2 with two walks, two runs, a homer and two RBI (19).
- LF Brent Lillibridge (.419) went 2-for-4 with two runs scored, a home run and one RBI (4). He has hit safely in seven of his first eight games with Iowa.
- 3B Ian Stewart (.100) went 0-for-4 in the 12th game of his rehabilitation assignment.
- RHP Casey Coleman (3.38) and RHP Rafael Dolis (3.52) each tossed a scoreless inning of relief. Dolis is holding left-handed hitters to a .118 batting average (2-for-17).
Daytona Cubs (13-12)
Daytona used a five-run seventh inning to rout visiting Palm Beach, 11-4. The D-Cubs have won three in a row and five of their last six games.
- RHP Zach Cates (3-2) didn’t surrender a hit in six innings, striking out seven and walking three. He has not allowed a run in his last 12.1 innings.
- CF Zeke DeVoss (.244) recorded his fifth multi-hit game of the campaign, going 2-for-3 with a walk, three runs scored, a double (3) and one RBI (13).
- SS Javier Baez (.262), the reigning FSL Player of the Week, extended his hitting streak to a season-high six games, going 1-for-5 with a run scored, a double (7) and two RBI (17).
- 3B Ben Carhart (.300) registered his fifth multi-RBI game of the season, going 2-for-4 with a run scored, a double (8) and two RBI (13).
Kane County Cougars (9-13)
Kane County scored nine runs in the final three innings, defeating Lake County 13-9. The two teams combined for 22 runs, 32 hits and 13 extra-base hits.
- 1B Dan Vogelbach (.315) homered for the third-straight game, going 4-for-6 with the home run (5) and two RBI (14).
- RF Pin-Chieh Chen (.242) went 4-for-6 with a run scored, a double (2) and three RBI (6).
- LF Rock Shoulders (.370) and SS Wes Darvill (.375) each scored three runs while adding two hits apiece.
- C Yaniel Cabezas (.545) recorded his second straight, three-hit game, going 3-for-6 with two RBI (3).
- DH Willson Contreras (.326) went 2-for-4 with a walk, three runs scored, a home run and one RBI (10).
- RHP Justin Amlung (3-0, 4.76) earned the win, tossing 3.0 innings of one-run relief.