Cubs minor league recap: 6/5/13
Rock Shoulders reached base three times Wednesday. (Photo courtesy of Kane County Cougars)
While Kane County overpowered their opponent Wednesday, Tennessee and Daytona rescheduled for doubleheader matches due to rain. Iowa had the day off, but will take the field against Round Rock tonight. Here are some highlights from yesterday’s action:
Kane County Cougars (26-30)
Kane County used a 14-hit attack to overpower host Burlington, 8-6.
- RF Reggie Golden (.368) collected his third multi-hit affair in his last four games, going 3-for-4 with two RBI (3).
- LF Oliver Zapata (.264) went 2-for-5 with two doubles (7), a run scored, a RBI (22) and a stolen base (8).
- 1B Dan Vogelbach (.282) reached base four times, going 2-for-3 with two walks, a double (12), a homer, a team-high three runs scored and two RBI (39).
- 3B Jeimer Candelario (.262) extended his hitting streak to five games, going 2-for-5 with a run and a RBI (19).
- DH Rock Shoulders (.270) reached base three times, going 2-for-3 with a walk and a RBI (37).
- RHP Felix Pena (2.11 ERA) converted his first save, allowing a hit and a walk while fanning three in 2.0 scoreless innings of relief.
- Six Cougars were named to the Midwest League Western Division All-Star team: INF Dan Vogelbach, INF Rock Shoulders, OF Bijan Rademacher, RHP Tayler Scott, RHP Felix Pena and LHP Nathan Dorris. Vogelbach will start at DH. This marks the Cougars’ most mid-season All-Stars since the 2009 squad fielded seven.