Cubs minor league recap: 6/12/13
Brian Bogusevic recorded two homers Wednesday with Iowa. (Photo by Stephen Green)
Iowa captured its fourth win in the last five outings while Daytona fell in both games of a doubleheader Wednesday. Tennessee had the day off and Kane County was rained out. Here are some highlights from yesterday’s action:
Iowa Cubs (30-35)
Iowa won for the fourth time in five games, defeating host Oklahoma City, 5-1.
- RF Brian Bogusevic (.324) recorded his first two-homer game of the season, going 2-for-3 with a walk, two runs scored, a season-high four RBI (28) and a stolen base (15).
- 3B Junior Lake (.433) went 2-for-4 with a run scored and a stolen base (4), extending his hitting streak to five games (.476/10-for-21).
- Chris Rusin posted his longest scoreless appearance of the season.
Daytona Cubs (32-30)
Game 1: Daytona allowed five runs in the fourth inning, falling 6-3 to Fort Myers in the first game of a doubleheader.
- RF Jorge Soler (.282) went 2-for-4 with a double (13) and a run scored.
- C Chadd Krist (.269) went 2-for-3 with a walk, a home run, a run scored and a RBI (13).
Game 2: Daytona scored four runs in the final three frames, but could not complete the comeback, losing 5-4 in the nightcap.
- LF John Andreoli (.319) went 3-for-5 with two doubles (8), a run scored and a RBI (21).
- DH Zeke DeVoss (.231) went 2-for-3 with a walk, a home run, a run scored and two RBI (27).
- 2B Wes Darvill (.242) walked a season-high three times in four plate appearances and scored a run.
- Yesterday, the Florida State League added LHP Frank Del Valle to the All-Star team. INF Javier Baez and INF Dustin Geiger were selected to participate in the Home Run Derby.