Minor League recap: 6/16/13
Junior Lake has played well in Triple-A this season. (Photo by Rodger Wood)
Iowa and Tennessee both fell Sunday while Kane County picked up a victory. Daytona was off as part of the All-Star break. Here are some highlights from yesterday’s action:
Iowa Cubs (32-37)
Iowa mustered only five hits in a 3-1 loss to Omaha.
- 3B Junior Lake (.383) extended his hitting streak to nine games, going 1-for-4 with a stolen base (7). He’s hitting .395 (15-for-38) with 10 runs, four doubles and three RBI during the streak.
- 1B Edwin Maysonet (.260) went 1-for-3 with a home run, a run scored and an RBI (22).
- RHP Michael Bowden (2 K) threw two scoreless innings of relief.
Tennessee Smokies (33-35)
Tennessee allowed three runs in the eighth inning, falling 4-1 to visiting Mississippi.
- 3B Christian Villanueva (.261) recorded his second consecutive, multihit game, going 2-for-4.
- RF Rubi Silva (.273) went 3-for-4 with a double (15) and a run scored. He has two, three-hit games in his last three contests.
Kane County Cougars (30-36)
Kane County snapped a two-game skid, defeating visiting Wisconsin, 4-2.
- RHP Pierce Johnson allowed no earned runs, scattered four hits and struck out five over seven innings.
- 1B Rock Shoulders (.264) extended his hitting streak to five games (.350/7-for-20), going 2-for-4 with a home run, a run scored and an RBI (40).
- C Carlos Escobar (.255) went 2-for-3 with a double, a run scored and an RBI (6).
- LF Reggie Golden (.295) collected his fifth multihit showing in 12 games, going 2-for-3 with a triple (1), a home run, a run scored and two RBI (6).