Minor League recap: 7/16/13
It was a brief night of baseball, with only Boise in action Tuesday night. The Hawks extended their winning streak, while all the other sides had the day off. Here are some highlights from yesterday’s action.
Boise Hawks (16-16)
Boise extended its win streak to four games with a 3-0 shutout on the road at Hillsboro.
- RHP James Pugliese surrendered two hits over six scoreless innings, striking out six for Boise.
- RHP Trey Masek (0.00) tossed two scoreless innings of relief to earn his first career professional win.
- LHP Matt Iannazzo (3.21) recorded his second save in as many nights, striking out the side in the ninth inning to convert his fourth save of the season.
- SS Carlos Penalver (.202) went 1-for-3 with one run scored, a double (5) and one RBI (7).
- 2B Daniel Lockhart (.330), 1B Jacob Rogers (.291) and C Lance Rymel (.283) each recorded two hits.
- LF Trevor Gretzky (.231) went 0-for-3 with an RBI (2) on a fielder’s choice to give the Hawks their final run.