Cubs Minor League Recap: 4/30/14
Tennessee capitalized on Chattanooga’s errors to pick up a win, but Daytona’s losing streak stretched to three games in a nine-run loss Wednesday. Iowa and Kane County were both rained out. Here are some highlights from yesterday’s minor league action.
Tennessee Smokies (13-13)
T-2nd Place (-3.0)
Chattanooga sent rehabbing Cy Young winner Clayton Kershaw to the mound, but their defense committed four errors in a 4-3 loss to visiting Tennessee.
- RHP Ivan Pineyro gave up three runs over 5.2 innings, striking out six in the no-decision.
- C Rafael Lopez (.281) went 1-for-4 with a seventh-inning solo home run.
- RF John Andreoli (.297) and CF Jae-Hoon Ha (.173) each recorded two hits apiece.
- 1B Dustin Geiger (.245) reached base four times, going 2-for-2 with two walks, a double (4) and two RBI (11).
- RHP Ryan Searle (2-1, 6.75) tossed 1.1 scoreless innings of relief to earn his second win.
- RHP Armando Rivero (1.35) worked a scoreless ninth inning to earn his fifth save of the season.
Daytona Cubs (9-17)
5th Place (-11.0)
Daytona lost its third-straight game, falling at Lakeland, 11-2.
- 1B Dan Vogelbach (.253) went 3-for-4 with a run, a double (3) and one RBI (12).
- LF Rock Shoulders (.241) went 1-for-4 and drove in his 13th run of the season.
- LHP Andrew McKirahan (1.59) allowed a run on one hit in two innings of relief.