Results tagged ‘ 1920s ’
The Cubs will “Pink Out” the Budweiser Bleachers on May 6 in support of breast cancer awareness.
The Cubs will host the following promotions and guests in honor of the 1920s decade at Wrigley Field. Several first pitch and seventh-inning stretch conductors will be tied to the history of Wrigley Field.
1920s Homestand Recap: May 2-6
Friday, May 2, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 1:20 p.m.
- Promotion: Limited-Edition Red Grange Bobblehead (first 10,000 fans)
- First pitch: Former University of Illinois and current Chicago Bears cornerback Kelvin Hayden
- Seventh-inning stretch: University of Illinois head football coach Tim Beckman and former Illini quarterback/current staff member Juice Williams
- Broadcast: Comcast SportsNet, MLB Network, WGN 720-AM Radio, Cubs.com
Saturday, May 3, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 12:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Cubs Fedora Hat presented by Budweiser
- First pitch: Chicago native and U.S. Olympic medalist figure skater Jason Brown
- Seventh-inning stretch: Margaret Manning, Mary Manning and Barbara Ernesti (nieces of former Cubs female executive pioneer Margaret Donahue)
- Broadcast: Comcast SportsNet, Fox Sports 1, WGN 720-AM Radio, Cubs.com
Sunday, May 4, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 7:05 p.m.
- Throwback uniforms: Retro 1929 Cubs and Cardinals uniforms
- Promotion: 1920s Cubs Yo-Yo (first 5,000 kids 13 and under)
- First pitch: Actor Michael Urie, Broadway in Chicago’s Buyer & Cellar
- Seventh-inning stretch: ESPN broadcasters John Kruk and Dan Shulman
- Broadcast: ESPN, WGN 720-AM Radio, Cubs.com
*Crosstown Cup Series*
Monday, May 5, Chicago Cubs vs. Chicago White Sox, 7:05 p.m.
- First pitch and Seventh-inning stretch: Chicago Bears kicker Robbie Gould
- Broadcast: Comcast SportsNet, WGN 720-AM Radio, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
Tuesday, May 6, Chicago Cubs vs. Chicago White Sox, 7:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Cubs Charities “Pink Out” Shirt in the Budweiser Bleachers, presented by Advocate Health Care
- First pitch and Seventh-inning stretch: Breast cancer survivors
- Broadcast: WGN-TV, WGN 720-AM Radio, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
For more information on Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday celebration, please visit www.wrigleyfield100.com.