Results tagged ‘ Dan Vogelbach ’
Mesa poured it on late with an 11-2 victory over Glendale Wendesday. The Solar Sox scored nine runs after the fifth inning. The Cubs’ top pitching prospect fared well on the bump and Mesa got some contributions out of the Cubs’ offensive farmhands. Here are some notes from yesterday’s Arizona Fall League action:
- RHP C.J. Edwards got the start, giving up one earned run in two innings while striking out four.
- 1B Dan Vogelbach had a pair of singles and drew a walk, finishing 2-for-4 on the day.
- LF Bijan Rademacher recorded a base hit and a walk, along with two sac flies.
- DH Danny Lockhart, making his second AFL appearance of the season, drove in a run on a sixth inning walk and scored later that inning. He was 0-for-3 on the day.
Mesa heads to Salt River Thursday, where they will see 2013 first-overall pick, right-hander Mark Appel. First pitch is scheduled for 6:35 local time. The game will also be broadcast on MLB Network.
Mesa scored three runs in the first inning, and that proved to be enough in a 3-1 win over Salt River Tuesday. Both offensively and on the mound, Cubs prospects played a big role in the victory. Here are some highlights from yesterday’s Arizona Fall League action:
- RHP Armando Rivero gave up one earned run on one hit and a walk over five innings to pick up the win. He struck out four and improved to 2-4 on the season.
- DH Dan Vogelbach drove in all three Solar Sox runs on a bases-loaded single to center, scoring Tony Renda (Nationals), Cal Towey (Angels) and Daniel Robertson (Rangers). He added a fifth-inning double, going 2-for-4 on the day.
- RHP Ivan Pineyro pitched a scoreless eighth inning, striking out two against one hit.
Mesa is in action Wednesday afternoon, hosting Glendale. C.J. Edwards will make the start for the Solar Sox.
Mesa scored all their runs in one inning in a 7-5 victory over Scottsdale Wednesday. Here are some Cubs notes from yesterday’s Arizona Fall League action:
- 1B Dan Vogelbach finished 0-for-3 with a walk and an RBI. He drew his walk in the second inning and swiped second base, his first stolen base of the fall. The slugger drove in Cal Towey (Angels) on a sac fly in the sixth.
- RF Bijan Rademacher finished 0-for-4, but recorded a big outfield assist in the eighth inning.
Cubs right-hander Armando Rivero is scheduled to start for Mesa Thursday, as the Solar Sox host Scottsdale. First pitch is at 12:35 local time.
Right-hander Ivan Pineyro got the start Tuesday, but his outing was brief in a 2-1 Solar Sox loss to Peoria. Here are some notes from Tuesday’s Arizona Fall League action:
- RHP Ivan Pineyro fanned one of the game’s top prospects in Francisco Lindor, but had to be replaced just three batters into the game due to injury.
- LHP Gerardo Concepcion pitched two innings of relief, giving up three hits and one unearned run while striking out one and walking none for Mesa.
- 1B Dan Vogelbach entered the game as a pinch-hitter in the third inning and finished the afternoon 0-for-2 with a seventh-inning walk.
Mesa heads to Scottsdale Wednesday with first pitch scheduled for 12:35.
A strong pitching effort from one of the Cubs’ top arms and solid efforts at the dish by two farmhands earned Mesa a 3-3, 11-inning tie Monday against Salt River. Here are some notes from yesterday’s Arizona Fall League action:
- RHP C.J. Edwards pitched three hitless innings, giving up no walks and striking out one. He lowered his ERA to 1.80 after four starts this fall.
- RF Jacob Hannemann had three hits, including a pair of triples and a single. He recorded the game-tying run in the ninth after his second three-bagger of the day. Hannemann finished 3-for-6.
- 1B Dan Vogelbach recorded a pair of singles and finished 2-for-5.
Mesa will host Peoria on Tuesday, with first pitch scheduled for 12:35 local time. Cubs right-hander Ivan Pineyro will take the mound for the Solar Sox.
Mesa picked up a 7-3 win over Scottsdale with limited production from Cubs prospects Thursday. Here are some notes from yesterday’s Arizona Fall League action:
- SS Addison Russell finished 1-for-4 with a two-run homer in the seventh, his second of the fall. It was announced after the game that this will be Russell’s final showing in the Arizona Fall League. Russell missed the early portion of 2014, so the front office brought the shortstop to Arizona to get a full season’s work.
- DH Dan Vogelbach went 0-for-3 with a walk and a run scored.
The Solar Sox head to Peoria Friday, with first pitch scheduled for 12:35. Cubs right-hander Armando Rivero is projected to start for Mesa.
The offense again carried Mesa to victory, this time a 9-3 win over Scottsdale Wednesday afternoon. Every Cubs prospect who got into the game contributed to the result. Here are some notes from yesterday’s Arizona Fall League action:
- RHP Ivan Pineyro earned the win despite a shaky second inning. He pitched 2.2 innings, giving up three earned runs on two hits and a walk, while striking out three. All his earned runs came on a three-run homer in the second.
- RF Bijan Rademacher was 2-for-4 on the day with a walk and two runs scored. He singled in the third and fifth innings. He also committed a fielding error in the game.
- 1B Dan Vogelbach went 2-for-4 with a walk and a run scored. He recorded singles in the second and eighth innings.
- SS Addison Russell went 1-for-6 with a two-RBI single in the second inning, scoring Rademacher and Chad Hinshaw (Angels). In the field, he committed his third error of the season.
Mesa will host Scottsdale Thursday, with first pitch scheduled for 12:35 local time.
Mesa’s late rally was thwarted by Surprise, as the Solar Sox fell 6-5 Monday, but three Cubs prospects got into the game. Here are some notes from yesterday’s Arizona Fall League action:
- 1B Dan Vogelbach finished 1-for-3, with a double to lead off the third inning. He also recorded a sacrifice fly in the first to give Mesa an early lead and drew a ninth-inning walk.
- LF Jacob Hannemann went 1-for-4 with a bunt single in the second inning. He recorded an RBI groundout in the eighth as well.
- SS Addison Russell was 0-for-5 and committed his second error of the AFL season defensively. But he also helped turn two double plays.
Mesa heads to Surprise Tuesday, where Cubs farmhand C.J. Edwards is scheduled to start. The start time is 12:35 local time.
Mesa took it to one of the game’s best prospects, cruising to an 8-4 win over Diamondbacks farmhand Archie Bradley on Saturday. A trio of Cubs prospects were in the lineup, with mixed results. Here are some notes from Saturday’s Arizona Fall League action:
- RF Bijan Rademacher went 2-for-4 with a pair of singles, an RBI and a run scored. In the second inning, he reached on a ball hit to the shortstop, scoring Eric Stamets (Angels) from second. In the fourth, he recorded a leadoff bunt single, moved to second on a throwing error, and got to third on a single. He then stole home.
- 1B Dan Vogelbach went 0-for-3 with two runs scored. He drew a walk in the first inning and scored on a Tony Renda (Nationals) triple. He reached on a fielder’s choice in the third and later scored on a sacrifice fly.
- DH Addison Russell finished the day 0-for-4 with two runs scored. He reached on a fielder’s choice in the first and scored on the Renda triple. Russell reached base in the third on a throwing error and scored three batters later from third on a force out.
Mesa hosts Surprise on Monday with first pitch scheduled for 12:35 local time.
A host of Cubs prospects were in action Thursday, and made a difference, as the Solar Sox captured a 6-2 win over Peoria. Here are some notes from yesterday’s Arizona Fall League action:
- RHP Ivan Pineyro got the start, pitching three scoreless innings in the win. He gave up four hits—all singles—and struck out three while walking none.
- 1B Dan Vogelbach went 2-for-4 with his first RBI of the fall. In the fourth inning, he doubled, scoring Addison Russell from second. He reached base again in the eighth with a soft single to left and scored on a Spencer Kieboom (Nationals) homer a batter later.
- RHP Zach Cates pitched two scoreless innings, striking out one while giving up two hits and a walk.
- SS Russell went 1-for-4, hitting a single in the eighth inning and reaching base on an error. He scored on the aforementioned Vogelbach double and Kieboom homer.
- DH Jacob Hannemann went 0-for-4.
Mesa hosts Surprise Friday, with first pitch scheduled for 12:35 local time.