Results tagged ‘ Events and Promotions ’
(Photo by Stephen Green)
If you’re in the Phoenix area this week for Spring Training, join Cubs outfielder David DeJesus, first baseman Anthony Rizzo and other big league ballplayers for a drink—for a good cause, of course.
The David DeJesus Family Foundation will be hosting a Celebrity Bartending Night on Wednesday, March 20, at the American Junkie Bar in Scottsdale, Ariz., to benefit families in need. Featured celebrity bartenders include Darwin Barney, Anthony Rizzo, Travis Wood, Adam Eaton, Javy Guerra, David Hernandez, Casey Kelly, George Kontos and Wade Miley.
The event goes from 9-11 p.m., and general admission tickets are available for purchase at the door for $50 per person. VIP tickets are $150 and include a preparty cocktail hour from 8- 9 p.m. with food and a private mix-and-mingle as the players learn how to bartend.
“We are excited to raise funds to support our mission from this fun event,” said DeJesus. “My wife, Kim, and I started the David DeJesus Family Foundation and are excited to be continuing its growth here in Arizona.”
The event is being hosted in conjunction with Issues Concerning Athletes and MiCamp Merchant Services. American Junkie Bar is located at 4363 N. 75th St., in Scottsdale, Ariz.
The David DeJesus Family Foundation was created by Cubs outfielder David DeJesus and his wife, Kim, in order to help families in crisis in Chicago and in parts of the world where people lack basic human needs. DDFF is committed to helping alleviate suffering for those that face devastation due to illness, poverty or disaster as well as those who seek a voice to be heard. In particular, DDFF has been actively involved in the fight against ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease.
(Photo by David Durochik)
1. DAD AND YOU (Sunday): Play catch, run the bases and sit in the Wrigley Field dugouts with a ticket to Hey, Dad, Wanna Have a Catch?, benefitting Chicago Cubs Charities. Participant tickets are $150, with guest tickets available for $15. Just two time slots remain!
2. BLEACHER BONANZA (Weekly): Cubs fans sitting in the Bud Light Bleachers can take advantage of incredible promotions on food and beer, and free T-shirts. Available Monday through Wednesday throughout the season.
3. PEEK INSIDE THE CUBS-VERSE (At home): AT&T U-verse TV subscribers can sit in their own virtual control room for Cubs home games aired on WGN-TV. The exclusive Chicago Cubs Multiview app allows viewers to select up to four camera angles and record games.
1. BEST BUY OF TICKETS: The Cubs Best Buy Pack includes four tickets to any April or May home game, four Vienna Beef hot dogs and four Bud Light, Budweiser or Pepsi beverages. Remaining games start at just $40 before taxes and is available throughout the upper deck, terrace and bleachers.
2. MEET THE TEAM: Roam the outfield grass and collect autographs from Cubs players and coaches at Meet the Team, Have a Ball, benefitting Chicago Cubs Charities. A complimentary bleachers ticket is included for the May 25, 7:05 p.m. game vs. the Mets.
3. TAKE A TRIP: Official partner Cubs Destinations provides the best way for out-of-town fans to see the Cubs-Yankees series at Wrigley Field, June 17-19. Packages include the Friday and Saturday games, with the option of booking a hotel or adding on tickets to Sunday’s game.