Results tagged ‘ Gary Sinise ’
Actor, director and musician Gary Sinise was born on the South Side of Chicago, but that didn’t stop him from rooting for the Cubs teams of his youth—teams that featured greats like Ron Santo, Ernie Banks and Fergie Jenkins. The Emmy and Golden Globe Award-winning actor, who now stars in CSI: NY, never misses a chance to visit Wrigley Field and definitely knows how to fire up the crowd with a rousing rendition of “Take Me Out to the Ballgame.”
To read the full interview, pick up the December issue of Vine Line, featuring the Cubs 2012 season in review, on sale now at Chicago-area retailers. Or subscribe to Vine Line, the official magazine of the Chicago Cubs, for just $29.95.
Jay Cutler and Khalil Bell of the Chicago Bears both gave memorable seventh-inning stretch performances over the weekend. If you’re headed out to Wrigley for the three-game set with the Marlins, here’s your seventh-inning stretch lineup:
- Tuesday, July 17 – Jim Belushi / actor, Chicago native
- Wednesday, July 18 – Andre Dawson / Cubs great, Hall of Famer and State Farm ad star (First Pitch: Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis / actors, stars of the upcoming film The Campaign)
- Thursday, July 19 – Gary Sinise / actor and Chicago native
While you’re at the park, pick up the July issue of Vine Line, detailing the fans’ picks for the greatest Cubs players of all time at each position.
Gary Sinise sings the stretch in 2006. (Photo by Stephen Green)
Here’s a current listing of the seventh-inning conductors for this week:
- Thurday, July 14. Patrick Stump / Musician, Fall Out Boy and Gym Class Heroes
- Friday, July 15. Barry Weiss / Star of A & E’s “Storage Wars”
- Saturday, July 16. Andre Dawson / Hall of Fame Outfielder
- Sunday, July 17. Gary Sinise / Actor
Cubs fans: If you missed out on Vine Line’s first-ever Music Issue, make sure to grab your copy for just $4 at Wrigley Field. It’ll only be available at the ballpark through the end of July!