Results tagged ‘ Jim Belushi ’
Chicago comedian and actor Jim Belushi spent many afternoons at Wrigley Field when he was growing up and never misses a chance to come back. Vine Line talked to the Cubs superfan during his most recent trip to the Friendly Confines, where he was slated to throw out the first pitch. Belushi told us about the moment he officially became a Cubs fan, his fondest memory of Wrigley Field and what it’s like to spend time in his hometown.
To read the full interview, pick up the October issue of Vine Line featuring the best moments from the 2012 season, on sale now at Chicago-area retailers. Or subscribe to Vine Line, the official magazine of the Chicago Cubs, for just $29.95.
Jay Cutler and Khalil Bell of the Chicago Bears both gave memorable seventh-inning stretch performances over the weekend. If you’re headed out to Wrigley for the three-game set with the Marlins, here’s your seventh-inning stretch lineup:
- Tuesday, July 17 – Jim Belushi / actor, Chicago native
- Wednesday, July 18 – Andre Dawson / Cubs great, Hall of Famer and State Farm ad star (First Pitch: Will Ferrell and Zach Galifianakis / actors, stars of the upcoming film The Campaign)
- Thursday, July 19 – Gary Sinise / actor and Chicago native
While you’re at the park, pick up the July issue of Vine Line, detailing the fans’ picks for the greatest Cubs players of all time at each position.
Doug Glanville sings the stretch in 2010. It’s expected to be much warmer this time around. (Photo by Stephen Green)
Here’s a current listing of the seventh-inning conductors for this week:
- Monday, July 18. Jim Belushi / Actor, comedian and musician
- Tuesday, July 19. Stephanie Izard / Winner of “Top Chef” Season 4
- Wednesday, July 20. Doug Glanville / Former Cubs outfielder
While you’re at the ballpark this week, don’t forget to pick up a Vine Line Game Day Edition, the Wrigley Field program and scorecard that’s just $2.