Results tagged ‘ Ron Santo Day ’
The September issue of Vine Line takes a distinctly homegrown look at the Cubs, including a cover feature on left-handed relief ace Sean Marshall and expanded minor league scouting reports by Baseball Prospectus’ Kevin Goldstein.
- Role play: Willing to do anything for his team, Sean Marshall has grown into a bullpen leader.
- When baseball returned to Wrigley Field: A decade after 9/11, reflections on how the Cubs and their fans bounced back
- Come together: Paul McCartney plays historic Wrigley Field.
- Heart of bronze: Ron Santo‘s passion and play on display in newest statue.
- Glory Days: 9 innings with Jody Davis.
- The Profile: Reed Johnson.
- Stretching Out with Tom Felton.
- Farm Report: An international flavor at Short-Season Boise.
- Minors Tracker: An all-new way of tracking the system, including Future Watch by Kevin Goldstein
- Minor league notebooks and more!
Get your insider’s pass to Wrigley Field today at cubs.com/vineline.
Beautiful weather and a Cubs “W” dedicated to Ron Santo. (Photo by Stephen Green)
With Wrigley Field’s newest statue unveiled, the entire Cubs family was thinking of and celebrating Ron Santo today. (Photo by Stephen Green)
Members of the Santo family will honor No. 10 by conducting his favorite sing-a-long on Wednesday. (Photo by Stephen Green)
Here’s a current listing of the seventh-inning stretch conductors for this weekend:
- Monday, Aug. 8. Dave Kaplan / Comcast SportsNet and WGN Radio host
- Tuesday, Aug. 9. Fergie Jenkins / Hall of Fame pitcher
- Wednesday, Aug. 10. Santo family / Ron Santo Day honors
While you’re at the ballpark this week, be sure to pick up a Vine Line Game Day Edition, the Wrigley Field program and scorecard that’s only $2.