Results tagged ‘ Todd Hollandsworth ’
It’s an issue you won’t want to miss. Theo Epstein graces the cover of our November issue, and we begin our offseason coverage with an in-depth look at a new era in Cubs baseball operations. Along with our cover feature—which includes exclusive quotes from our one-on-one interview with Epstein—we also take a look at the example Theo set in Boston and how his tack to modernize the Cubs organization echoes the circumstances in which Dallas Green did so 30 years ago.
We also continue our look from top to bottom of the Cubs organization with a pair of features. Marlon Byrd lends Vine Line readers an introspective look at his 2011 season and place in the game today in a series of blog posts by the Cubs center fielder. For those of you who have enjoyed Doug Glanville’s “The Game From Where I Stand” and other columns, Byrd offers an insight and competitiveness that sets an example worth following.
It’s one you hope is set for the next generation of Cubs, almost 50 of whom were getting one-on-one training in the Arizona instructional league last month. Cubs.com’s Carrie Muskat and Baseball Prospectus’ Jason Parks give an in-depth look at the work being done with some of the organization’s youngest players.
All that and more in the November 2011 issue of Vine Line hitting mailboxes this week. Be a part of an exciting new chapter at Wrigley Field by subscribing to or giving the gift of Vine Line today.
More inside this issue:
- Picnic in the park: Fans fill Wrigley Field for a Ferris Bueller Movie Night.
- Inside Pitch: Addressing the rotation.
- Glory Days: 9 innings with Todd Hollandsworth.
- The Profile: DJ LeMahieu.
- Stretching Out with Martin Sheen.
- Farm Report: Daytona Cubs win the Florida State League championship.
- Minors Tracker: 2011 season statistics, plus Future Watch by Kevin Goldstein
Wrigley Field vendor Rocco Caputo threw out a first pitch last year after appearing with Cubs board member Todd Ricketts on Undercover Boss. (Photo by Stephen Green)
Here’s a current listing of the seventh-inning stretch conductors for this weekend:
- Monday, Sept. 5. Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks
- Tuesday, Sept. 6. David Kaplan and Todd Hollandsworth / Comcast SportsNet Cubs analysts
- Wednesday, Sept. 7. Rocco Caputo and Todd Ricketts / Wrigley Field vendor and Cubs board member
While you’re at the ballpark this week, be sure to pick up a Vine Line Game Day Edition, the Wrigley Field program and scorecard that’s only $2.