Results tagged ‘ Trevor Gretzky ’
The October issue of Vine Line continues charging forward with its coverage from top to the bottom of the organization, including a can’t-miss feature on Tony Campana and an exclusive first visit with Shawon Dunston Jr. and Trevor Gretzky, two of the blue chips acquired in a big 2011 draft.
- Live for speed: Bruce Miles writes that Tony Campana has shown the drive to overcome challenges his entire life.
- Scout’s view: New contributor Jason Parks explains what a scout looks for in the speed tool.
- The People of Wrigley Field: A day with Len Kasper and profile on Home Clubhouse Manager Tom Hellmann
- Glory Days: 9 innings with Randy Myers.
- The Profile: John Gaub.
- Stretching Out with Larry King.
- Farm Report: Shawon Dunston Jr. and Trevor Gretzky step out of the shadows.
- Minors Tracker: An all-new way of tracking the system, including Future Watch by Kevin Goldstein
- Minor league notebooks and more!
Get your insider’s pass to Wrigley Field today at cubs.com/vineline.
Whether Javier Baez sticks at shortstop or moves to third base, he possesses one of the best hit tools in the 2011 draft class. (Photo courtesy of Aflac All-American)
After this season’s First-Year Player Draft, the future of the Cubs is the most promising it’s been in years.
The Cubs agreed to terms with 34 of their 50 selections by the Aug. 15 deadline, including each of their first seven picks: IF Javier Baez, IF Daniel Vogelbach, OF Zeke DeVoss, RHP Tony Zych, RHP Tayler Scott, C Neftali Rosario and IF Trevor Gretzky.
“This is one of the most talented draft classes I’ve ever seen signed by an organization,” said Tim Wilken, Cubs scouting director.
This investment marks a franchise-record for the Cubs, with their financial commitments totaling more this season than the past two years combined.
“This commitment to the draft is significant in a couple of ways, both in terms of financial investment, which was substantial, and the quality of players that are joining our organization,” said Wilken.
The official press release had more to say about some of the new Cubs: (more…)